Link to heading
- Nov 14 2022Start-ChinWag in PowerShellRecently, my manager was experimenting with the idea of randomly touching base with people in the business through the day as a way to keep engaged when working remotely. Not content with a manual process, he was tinkering with a PowerShell script to get the members of an Active Directory group, choose someone at random, and start a Teams call using the callto: protocol.
- Sep 19 2022View on GitHub Link for Hugo CoderI wanted a “View on GitHub” link on this blog so you could quickly view the source code for any post. Here’s how I did it!
- Aug 28 2022Random Sample of AD Users in PowerShellWe had a situation at work recently where we needed to gradually roll out a change to our Active Directory user accounts, and we wanted to make sure we got a random sample from across the organisation for each “ring” of the deployment.
- Aug 26 2022Entity Framework Migrations from GitHub ActionsSo you have an app using Entity Framework that you’re deploying using GitHub Actions, and you want to use Migrations to keep your database up to date.
- Aug 24 2022Calling MS Graph from ASP.NET on AzureIn my last post I talked about calling Microsoft Graph endpoints using an Azure managed identity from PowerShell Universal. This post is about doing the same thing from an ASP.NET web application on .NET 6.
- Aug 22 2022Calling MS Graph from PSU on AzureThe Microsoft.Graph PowerShell module wraps up all the Graph endpoints in PowerShell functions, but for security reasons, the Connect-MgGraph function doesn’t allow for stored (secret) credentials. However, since we host PowerShell Universal as an Azure App Service, and we have a managed identity for that app service, we can connect to Graph as the app!
- Aug 20 2022PowerShell Universal Startup ScriptI’ve been playing with PowerShell Universal for almost a year now, and I thought this would be a great place to share some tips, tricks and scripts that have helped me out. And what better place to start than the initialize.ps1 script? That’s the script that runs right before the PSU server starts. The script lives in the .universal folder inside your Repository folder, so create it if it doesn’t exist already.
- Aug 20 2022Welcome (back) to Mabster.NETSo yeah, I got tired of faffing about with blog engines and have decided to relaunch this site as a static blog.